Tuesday, February 1, 2011

The California Sun

Well guys, its my first full day in Cali... if you don't know what's going on, I just moved to huntington Beach California yesterday... I am gonna be leading worship for the middle school and high school at Christ Presbyterian Church. The adventure has begun.... I need to find a job but thats all good. That will come. I think its really cool the way that God works things out. The last thing I thought, or planned for that matter, was to come out to California to be a volunteer worship leader. I was thinking I would get hired to be a youth pastor. But once again God has shown that his ways are higher than ours. I guess he gives us fair warning though. I think a lot of times we think we know what He wants, and sometimes we are on the right track... I know that God wants me in to make ministry my life, but I didn't think it would be like this.... but He does things in His own way, and when we follow Him its much better than what we thought He wanted us to do. Romans 8: 28 says "And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love Him, who have been called according to His purpose." the trick is to seperate what His purpose is from what our purpose is. Its very easy to confuse the two. When we get it right though -and actually pursue that will - , some amazing things are going to happen. Psalm 62: 11 & 12 says "One thing God has spoken, two things I know: that you O God are strong, and that you, O Lord, are loving." When we give Him control and follow His plan, He will move mountains for us... because He loves us.

2 comments:

  1. He does love you Greg!! And its awesome to see you following the path He has created for you! Can't wait to see where it leads...

    Love & miss you already. Blessings son!!

    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have so much fun out in Cali, buddy! You are going to do awesome things there! Send some sunshine our way please ;)

    ReplyDelete