Thursday, September 9, 2010

The Day The Music Died

Well hello what have we here? (Lando) a thursday that had so much promise turned into a thursday that lived up to most of those expectations. i was supposed to go with my boy J-Who downtown to check out this church that we are gonna use for a Christ City event, but his wife was sick and he had to watch his kid or something like that, i'm not a doctor, so we didn't end up going but thats ok, we'll get out there some day. I did enjoy 2 showers today which was a change of pace. I do have some sort of fringe rash on my armpits. Its not engulfing the whole thing, but on the back edge before pit turns to back. Its been about a week. I'm not sure if it is my deodorant or something else.

I think that Cheerios smell like poop. Maybe specifically some certain kind of poop, but i did a poop this morning and it smelled like Cheerios. Don't get me wrong, I love Cheerios, but maybe I also love poop.


The Relentless Cure (My friends band that I am managing) had their first sort of real gig tonight. It was a back to school bash for the middle school youth group at my church. Needless to say there was a bit of rust, but it was a good start. Things are very up in the air right now, but I am excited as is the rest of the band for the possibilities, even though a certain self-proclaimed Christian Music Guru doesn't think its that great, but i don't think his music is that great either so it my word against his and I am writing the blog so put that in your pipe and smoke it, guy who thinks he knows more about music than me... yeah! It was a good night for the youth group though. Of course Clarence, my alma mater, represented and rose to the challenge and brought the most kids. Go Devils! (thats our mascot, I'm not encouraging any demons or devils)

Football started tonight and needless to say, Brett Favre looked like a favrety-one year old man tonight (the number 4 is being retired from the numerical system and being replaced by favre) 171 passing yards 1 td and 1 int. That was a Trent Edwards like performance. The saddest part is that they held the saints to only 14 points. The game was on Grandad and he didn't show up. I will say that i expected more from the much hyped NFC Championship rematch, but its always the over-hyped games that end up sucking and the stinkers that turn good. Lets hope the rest of this week is better games. I know the Bills Dolphins game should be better, but we won't discuss that today.


The British have like a thousand more words than us. It sucks. The have like 16 different words for balls. Its brilliant!

My dog just now went outside to go to the bathroom and came in with something brown smeared on her but right next to her tail. "Oh great," I though, "The dog has once again had a bad poop and not gotten to get it all of, has spun around and sat right in her own steaming pile of soft serve." After close inspection, she did sit down in something, but not her own poo. As it turns out, she sat down on a dead rotten decomposing worm and the one end was intact and hanging in her fur while the other end was sufficiently smashed up and rotten worm guts were smeared in her hair. I just cut it off.

I went to feed my dog and a dead mouse fell out of the bag. I assume he went in there to ear dog food, (I would). The only problem is that he is a mouse and too stupid to get out. So he is good and dead. Stupid moron.

On Thursdays we will take a look at a sports mascot, going city by city. We will start of course with the most beloved of mascot of the best city in the world, Buster T. Bison from the Buffalo Bisons, AAA farm team affiliate of the New York Mets.
Buster, along with his little buddy Chip and me at a Bison's game. We don't really know much about buster, but I have had him sign several baseballs and he has had many varying uniforms over the years, but he has always been the same. Chip is pretty cute and you can't not love him. I remember one time in elementary school Buster came to an assembly but since mascots don't talk i really don't know what the point was... probably to tell us not to do drugs, but sadly for many of those young impressionable minds, Buster's message went unheard.... ya get it? heard? herd? bisons? its clever.


Today's youtube video is a lovely cover of the outrageously popular classic "Never Gonna Give You Up" by Rick Astley, known simply as Rick Roll. If you'll remember our friend Tay Zonday, for his classic "Chocolate Rain" (if not, please watch this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EwTZ2xpQwpA and any other Tay Zonday videos you want to watch...) Well Tay jumps into the Karaoke field with his very well done cover of this 80's classic. Enjoy.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u_aY7HZvFpQ

COMBO OF THE DAY!
Freefill - Free Refill (when you get free refills of fountain drinks at restaurants.
"Does the strawberry lemonade come with freefills? I know pop usually does but sometimes special drinks don't. If there is no freefill I don't want it."

Its Friday! Enjoy the almost weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment