Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Composition Notebook

At the dollar store today I bought a mini composition notebook with which to write down my musings. I don't know if every day will be as packed as today, but I observed a lot that I need to express.


I was at TOPS today doing some light grocery shopping (1 cucumber, a bottle of blu cheese and a bottle of sweet baby rays) and as I was walking in I noticed a man in one of those motorized scooters rolling out to a huge handi-accessible conversion van....


Thats all well and good, but I soon realized that this very old, possibly senile man was alone. This would normally only concern me if he was driving directly in front or behind me but I stopped and thought for a second. Its safe to say that this man can't walk. He is in a motorized scooter that is clearly his because he is loading himself into his van on the ramp. If he can't walk, its safe to say that he can't use his legs very well. Who in the New York State DMV gave this man permission to operate a motor vehicle? especially one that is capable of going head to head against a small bus. Now maybe this man has some mobility in his legs but am I to assume that there is enough action down there to suddenly switch from gas to brake in an instant? If there is any kind of emergency this man is plowing his transport into oncoming traffic setting off a Tom Cruise action sequence that would cost thousands in tax-payer money to clean up. Lets think about it DMV... don't let legless people drive huge death rams. I don't have anything against handicapped people, in fact I'm sure one day I will be one, but come on. There are just some things you can't do. Why do they put braille on drive up ATM's? I know they probably have to because someone complained, but do we really live in such a politically correct culture that we would encourage blind people to get behind the wheel and make cash withdrawls from their local automated teller? whats next? where will it end?

Speaking of handicapped people, I came to a sad realization today. I am taking two classes at my local community college because I need some random stray credits. I'm not sure if it is the goal of this fine institution to train people into ruining America, but going to community college is like going to Wal-Mart. I can last about 15 minutes in Wal-Mart before I start to lose it. It is the kind of place that just makes me lose my faith in the future of humanity... I will however continue to shop there cause they got cheap stuff and you can return things that you got at a garage sale and they won't ask you any questions. I am fairly certain that the people that are in your average local community college are the same people that inhabit the Wal-Mart. I don't think they even go there to shop. They just go to linger. Maybe they go to watch TV or something or just sift through the two for ten movie bin, I don't know, but there is something going on in that place... My dad thinks they use lead pipes.


It seems that I am using today to vent my confusions and frustrations. There is little in this world that frustrates me more than LOL. It isn't even the fact that people say it way too much. Sure when you have nothing better to say, you say lol. I understand. You don't have enough social skills to formulate a coherent response to something that someone says to you have to say "laugh out loud". You aren't even really saying that you are laughing out loud or that it is something appropriate to laugh out loud at. you are just proclaiming, "Laugh Out Loud!"
           "I just smashed my head into the sliding glass door LAUGH OUT LOUD!"
           "I didn't study for the SAT's and I got a 660 LAUGH OUT LOUD!"
           "My cat got hit by a snow plow LAUGH OUT LOUD!"
      I just don't understand, and not only that I think it is really retarding a whole new generation of people. I work with middle school and high school students and most of them say LOL or LMAO or ROGN or HJSKOI or JHAKKDUNEBBBDUUHOWJHNDLBGF. What do these things mean? its very confusing. people write no instead of know, U instead of you, they don't use punctuation. The English language is being bastardized. people don't know how to write or talk. I blame all of this on LOL.

Another thing that frustrates me is the Dodge/Chrysler/Plymouth Neon. It is possibly the crappiest car since the YUGO (possibly with the exception of the Dodge Shadow) and it is the one car that suburban white kids who want to seem gangster decide to trick out. They do it in such a way that the actual car hasn't improved at all. There is still a red passenger door on the white car. A nice new spoiler and some subs that are as big as trash can lids, but the car itself is still a rusted out sh*t box. You know when these kids roll around wearing their jean shorts (jorts, incidental combo) and their fitted skateboard brand hat because you can hear them coming. You don't hear a really smooth base beat rolling down the street, you hear the rattle of the car. The muffler is held on by zip ties but that doesn't matter because soon enough the percussion waves from the 46 inch subs is going to tear through them and the lack of a muffler will just add to the noise pollution that is bouncing down the street at 43 miles an hour. Nothing says wigger like jorts and a neon.


Today in Astronomy class my professor said "right dead nuts on."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QmQtSeDnMUw&feature=related

youtube video of the day... If you like Call of Duty and play on line (or any game for that matter) you will appreciate this.

Combo of the Day:
Turducken- A chicken in a duck in a turkey
"Man this Turducken is freaking delicious! who thought that there could be such an animal?"
Today's combo deserves a video to go with it
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V-hMx4NrxT8
John takes it to a whole new level with the Turduckendia... enjoy
 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ug26MHlhSnY&NR=1
happy thanksgiving everybody!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ug26MHlhSnY&NR=1

No comments:

Post a Comment