Monday, August 18, 2014


I took a walk the other day. I stumbled across these guys on a fence. I then saw that the field behind them was absolutely filled with iguanas. Its still amazing to me that these things are like squirrels around here. I just thought I would share that. Its pretty awesome!

Anyways, VBS is over. It was a pretty awesome week but I'm glad that its finished. I didn't realize how tired I was. We had close to 100 kids every night which was awesome and it was a good first test to get thrown into. Things went pretty smoothly overall but island time is going to take some getting used to for sure. 

Yesterday was a pretty big day for me. A very nice Canadian couple in my church is going to be off island for the next month and they have loaned me their car. This is a pretty big deal since pretty much every day I have been walking to work, which isn't too bad but its about a 30 minute walk and I am usually soaked in sweat by the time i get there. its about a four minute drive. If you don't know, they drive on the left side of the road in Cayman and the steering wheel is on the right side of the car. Its absolutely crazy and confusing. once you are on the road its not bad since you just stay in your lane and all is well. The trouble comes when you are turning in and out of parking lots. You get all mixed up because you aren't really sure which way you are supposed to be looking and which way traffic is coming from. You think you are good and there are cars coming right at you. It gets confusing when you accidentally turn into an exit in a parking lot and you're all mixed up or even worse, when you almost turn down the wrong side of a divided street. Things get real dicey. So far, a day into it I haven't crashed into anything yet. I don't so much know what to do with my hands though and the turn signal is on the wrong side of the car so i keep turning on my wipers instead. Its going to be necessary for me to get an American car when the time comes.

I saw Ninja Turtles yesterday... it was awesome! I know it is getting some mixed reviews and I understand why but it was a pretty sweet movie for sure.

Thats about it for now. I am going down to the beach, so until next time... stay classy


No comments:

Post a Comment